Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Rowenta 1550W steamer and once I turn it on the…

I have a Rowenta...

I have a Rowenta 1550W steamer and once I turn it on the steam comes out strong and then dies down to minimal steam I admit that I have used tap water and feel that is the problem. Is there something that I can do? Thank you, Audrey

Contractor's Assistant: What's the steamer's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Appx 2-3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Let me get you the make and model. be right back...

Garment steamer model GS 6020
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Continue please
I have not received an answer to my question yet and it has been 2 weeks. I was told that this question cost only $5. I received at charge of $28 for unlimited membership plan which I did not order and I would like to request a refund asap.Thank you,
Audrey Leftwich
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
I just came across your question. Would you still like help?
I paid for your service
Can I get the model number off the unit?
Gs6020
I would mix 1/2 cup of vinegar to a cup of water and allow it to work through the unit til it's gone. Then put straight water through it to remove smell. That should clean out the nozzles.
Wheniivtry this it stops steaming after about 5 minutes
It is trying to clean out the boiler you may have to do it a couple times.
How long should i leave it running?
Let it run until the liquid is gone.
I had to run through twice but it is now working better. The steam will occasionally slow down bis this normal?
it will cycle on and off through out a cleaning because it has to build up pressure.
Thank you for your assistance. I am back in business
Great!
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Please remember to rate my service using the stars with 6 being the best