Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Kitchen Aid bowl ends up with clean tiny beads. Artisan…

Customer Question
My Kitchen Aid bowl...

My Kitchen Aid bowl ends up with clean tiny beads

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Artisan about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know what work to do. these beads have been in my dough. I thought they were from the flour so threw it out. It happened with the new flour too. Yesterday I cleaned the mixing bowl, dried it and put it in place on the bowl place when I put the mixer aside, with cover on it. Just now I moved it and saw these little very tiny glass like beads in the bottom of the bowl!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm guessing the little beads are coming-out of the top of the mixer, the part just above the bowl that the paddle fits into. These beads are not a food, are hard like glass.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
The computer I'm using is dying, supposed to get the new one today, but our snowstorm prevented that. I'm thinking I will wait on this until I have the new computer set up. I sure hope you can help me with this. It is a strange problem.
The computer I'm using is dying, supposed to get the new one today, but our snowstorm prevented that. I'm thinking I will wait on this until I have the new computer set up. I sure hope you can help me with this. It is a strange problem. Maybe I'll change to a phone call at that time.
The computer I'm using is dying, supposed to get the new one today, but our snowstorm prevented that. I'm thinking I will wait on this until I have the new computer set up. I sure hope you can help me with this. It is a strange problem. Maybe I'll change to a phone call at that time. I've hit the red send button and nothing seems to happen?
3/7/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I'd like to continue. Just hooked up the new computer so am good to go! I misspelled ... the problem is with teeny tiny clear hard (glass-like) beads ending up in mixer bowl. thinking they are coming from he unit above the bowl which is where the paddle attachments hook in.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Small Appliance Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 4 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your mixer. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. I understand your question to be" teeny tiny clear hard (glass-like) beads ending up in mixer bowl. thinking they are coming from he unit above the bowl which is where the paddle attachments hook in?" So to answer, It sounds like the motor bearings, as these are little glass looking beads. You can order a replacement here. If you feel capable, you can take apart and install new bearings, or just call an appliance repair man. “Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Thank you for posting your question. – Your business is very valuable to us.- J Baker