Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Viking sewing machine and was told it needs a

Customer Question
I have a Viking...

I have a Viking Lisa sewing machine and was told it needs a timing belt do they still make them

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have to get it from the man that has it but I have this # on back of book type 600 ,app # Q96287 also listed 340N

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I need to find someone in Lubbock texas or close

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/6/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Hmmm

I would be very cautious of this if 2nd hand and actually NEEDS a timing belt..... they are available, but they do not break...

My instinct says it is likely to be a Timing issue where the Hook to Needle position has gone off

This is a straightforward repair and best done by a Service Tech... not a home fix (they will also tune it allup for you and you will have a good to go machine)

Have you seen the machine to check the mechanism... does all turn OK, just not picking up stitches ?

If yes, then it is Timing

Regads

Martyn

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, unfortunately I cannot train you to be a Technician in a few dozen words via an online chat room.