Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

3rd time Panasonic microwave model NN-CD989S Serial #

Customer Question
(###) ###-####has malfunctioned. Latest model...
3rd time Panasonic microwave model NN-CD989S Serial # (###) ###-####has malfunctioned. Latest model was newly-purchased. Time still functions, but any other function attempt reads H97, ahi
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Message on microwave is H97. There is no repairman in our town, and it has been suggested it is, possibly, less expensive to order a new microwave that has the same numbers as our previous 2 new microwaves have had.
2/9/2018
Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 4 months ago
dtabb14

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 4 months ago

H97 is an inverter fault.

This can be either the inverter board itself or the magentron. Now both parts are very expensive to replaced and its usually cheaper to replace the microwave rather then repair it.

As micowaves now a days dont get repaired as its cheaper and easyer to get a new one rather then fixing them as parts can be more then the complete unit im afraid. As the inverter board on this is about $170 just for the part itself.

But the H97 error code you have is usually the inverter power board itself thats fails and causes the error code here im afraid.

Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi

I see the question is still open here.

Do you still need help on this? If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Could you order a new Panasonic microwave, stainless steel, for me?
Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 4 months ago

Im afraid we dont do anything like this. As we dont sell appliances here as we help repair or advise on appliances.

But click here and it will take you to Panasonics main webpage were you can buy them from there.