Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

I need to know how to set machine for a simple zig zag

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to set machine for a simple zig zag stitch

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Too long - every time I want a zig zag stitch

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that it seems this is something that I should know already

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Appliance
1/11/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you have a manual and are doing the setting according to the manual, then your sewing machine may be defective, e.g. in a loose mechanical linkage, if it is not producing zig-zag stitch behavior. In which case, the sewing machine would probably need service-repairing at a local service center.

If you do not have a manual, then please tell me what maker name, and what model, your machine is. And in that case, I will offer a source for the manual, where you may try the appropriate procedure to set the machine correctly.