Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Singer 44 11 sewing machine and the top thread

Customer Question
becomes entangled around the...
I have a Singer 44 11 sewing machine and the top thread becomes entangled around the baooin case. I have cleaned the frequently , but the problem continue to occur. The bobbin seems fine..
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Is this the model you have..? see image below

1. Can you please check Needle Plate for damage around the hole
  2. Check Bobbin Case for damage
  3. Is the Tip of the Hook smooth, or rough ?

If there is any burr it will cause problems for the clean movement of top thread and result in the issues you mention

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

I have not heard back from you for a while and was wondering how you managed to get on
Anything more to add or ask ?

Cheers

Martyn