Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I purchased a KitchenAid slow cooker about two years ago…

Customer Question
Good evening. I purchased...

Good evening. I purchased a KitchenAid slow cooker about two years ago (end of 2015). I've never been able to use it because the heating element does not work. I purchased it at Macy's online. The packaging slip said not to return it to Macy's if there were any problems. I am not good about returning things that I have to package up for shipping and time got away from me. How would I get this fixed?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hold on so that I can pull it out of the closet.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have the shipping order out. It just says that it's the KitchenAid KSC6223 Slow Cooker, 6 Qt. I do not know if that is a Macy's number or the model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Actually, that is the model number according to the booklet provided with the unit.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Hello. I hope I will hear from someone by the end of the day tomorrow. I'm not accustomed to paying for a service (or making a deposit) before actually connecting with someone. Is the deposit refundable if you're not able to help?
12/28/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The stated warranty is only one year but it won't hurt to call KitchenAid Countertop Appliance to see what they say. During the first year they just exchange them and I don't think many parts are available. Here is their contact number. 1-***-***-****, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time. Does this help? Dave

I'm aware that the warranty is one year and that time has passed, but I wondered if there is somewhere to take the appliance to be fixed. It sounds as if there is not. Since all I received here is a reply and no service, do you know if the deposit I made to Just Answer is refundable?

I can send your request to customer service. Happy New Year to you.

Thank you. I requested a refund and it is already in the works. It was not your fault that the unit cannot be fixed. Happy New Year to you, as well.