Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

As a result of a stroke I suffered five years ago, I am a…

Customer Question
As a result of a...
As a result of a stroke I suffered five years ago, I am a resident of a Canad***** ***** Term Care Housing complex, without use of my left arm and leg. One of the few activities that I have found to improve my quality of life is the ability to augment my diet from the standard food service we are provided. My problem here is the lack of a good can opener that I can use with just one hand! This severely limits the food choices I can make. I have been using a compact, battery-powered Japanese unit, but it tends to break down.Would you be able to recommend a couple of reliable units that can open various shapes of cans, and needing only one hand to operate? I would need to be able to order from some on-line service like amazon to arrange for delivery.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/23/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

H​ere are two options. The first is non-electric and should be reliable and is not expensive. It is Chef'n EzSqueeze. Here are two links. Amazon order page link EzSqueeze video link Here is an electric option. Amazon order link There are other similar electric models if you need other options but they may be like what you already have. Let me know if this helps. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Do you still need help with this request?