Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Roomba 980. Love it, until just now. It keeps

Customer Question
I have a Roomba...

I have a Roomba 980. Love it, until just now. It keeps telling me error 2, remove debris. But, there is not debris, and the filter is clean. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

I just bought it one month ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What do you mean by "do the work"?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is it giving the error message when there is no debris? is there anything that I can do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Given that the Roomba is 1 month from purchase date, and given (as I assume) that it is New (rather than bought Used or As-Is), then I think it has a severe sensor or circuitry problem. The Roomba will require professional repair, and being within warranty (if it was bought new), I would suggest calling on warranty repair for this problem, rather than doing more than you have done and possibly voiding the warranty coverage and getting involved in some expense.

Getting warranty repair is detailed on this page:

https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3096/~/irobot-limited-warranty

and involves locating your local distributor using this page:

http://global.irobot.com/

and then contacting them about your Roomba and getting warranty repair on it, with the serial number from the Roomba ready at-hand.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.