Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

My kitchen Aid 600 pro was working just fine; I had the

Customer Question
My kitchen Aid 600...

My kitchen Aid 600 pro was working just fine; I had the beater with the blue tabs on the side to scrape the sides of the bowl. When I stopped I was unable to remove the beater -- can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The model - I think i-- is the Professional 600. And no, I don't think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/18/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech,
 replied 2 months ago
Engineer-Tech

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Kitchenaid mixer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

replied 2 months ago

The primary reason your paddle is stuck is that it has very little clearance between the paddle and the shaft. When dough or anything gets in there and dries, it makes it very hard to get off. Sometimes the paddle can become slightly bent - also causing it to get stuck. The key is to expand the paddle with heat Here is what I would do in your case:

First try hot towels wrapped around the paddle for 5 minutes. Use some windex to lubricate the paddle at the shaft. Then try pulling it off after the paddle has heated it up. Sometimes you even have to use a screwdriver wrapped in cloth (to protect the mixer and paddle) to pry it off. If it does not come off the first time, keep trying. This method almost always helps work it free.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech