Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a singer 44s the feed dogs won’t reengage since I…

Customer Question
I have a singer...

I have a singer 44s the feed dogs won’t reengage since I dropped them to do free motion quilting

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 4 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried moving the switch back and forth turning the hand wheel to re-engage. I have even open the base of the machine there is a little lever that when pushed will cause the feed dogs to go up and down but nothing that is obviously wrong

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/13/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

The Feeddogs will re-engage when

1. the switch is set to the UP position, and then
  2. the handwheel is rotated ONE full revolution

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.