Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have been sewing along nicely overy the past week and all…

Customer Question
Good morning. I have...

Good morning. I have been sewing along nicely overy the past week and all of a suddlen my stitches don't work. Needle dosen't pick up bottom thread. but only sometimes

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jenome (V/79489/360X) is the only number I can finde. It has 12 stitch selection panel and a circle to select stitch size and ssOver ten years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hoping it was something simple that I could check

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No should I take iin for service. difficult where I live

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/13/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

First is to check the needle is in correctly, new and undamaged

This itself will often rectify the problem...bent needle etc

Did you have a recent Jam of thread/fabric ?

Please try a couple of sample stitches for me
Most important is a wide ZZ as this puts the stitches through the most extreme limits

If there is an occasional stitch, or none AT ALL it is very likely to be the Timing and is not something I would recommend for the untrained as it can easily be made worse

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I too am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.