Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

I have a roomba 980 and recently started getting an error 10…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have...

Hi there, I have a roomba 980 and recently started getting an error 10 right, I went through all I-robot's trouble shooting with no help, ordered a new right wheel assembly from I-robot, installed and still having the same problem, called them up and they said the warranty just ran out, I bought from Amazon and have a 3-year square trade on it, got a hold of them and sent unit back to them. I thought everything was good until fed-ex brought it today, note on it saying square trades tech good not find the issue, looked like foreign material or insect contaminated the unit , I mean come on its a vacuum so its supposed to pick stuff up. So now I have a broke down unit and not sure how to get it fixed, any help with this problem would be of great help

Contractor's Assistant: What's the vacuum cleaner's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a roomba 980 and was purchased December 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is involved with the fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced both right and left wheel assemblies and new rollers, seems like both wheels have the same amount of resistance on them though

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/12/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The unit will require a repair by a Roomba service center.

If you can prove to them that the problems started whilst it was still under warranty they should be able to repair it free of charge for you.

Thank you for your answer but I am not sure how to prove it started running wrong before warranty expired, my send unit out for an estimate, I contacted I-robot and can get a service bot at a discounted price,
Thanks again
Jody grant
Pete, Electronic Engineer