Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Bought my wife a Janome 10001 a few years back, came with th…

Customer Question
Bought my wife a...

Bought my wife a Janome 10001 a few years back, came with th customizer but never got the easy transfer software. Is there any way I can make customizer 10000 plus transfer in windows xp sp2, or is there anywhere left the get a copy of the easy transfer software, and yes, I understand Janome quit supportng this machine.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep, took this machine to service shop about six times to have the bobbin winder fixed, kept charging me and sending it back, this week I finally replaced the bobbin winder myself, the winder was in really bad shape, chips in the tire hub. won't take it back there ever

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, you got all I got, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/10/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Please take look through the attached "How To" Guide as a first port of call

It will likely answer your issues without the need of the unavailable software
There are alternatives like Embird, should you desire software to do the transfer

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

As it is Sunday lunchtime here, I am on and off here between family commitments, so reply at leisure and I shall be back when I am available.... there is no time limit for this Q&A

You missed the question. Where can I get a copy of the Janome Easy Transfer software, or make the Customizer Janome 10000 Plus transfer my designs. Thank You in advance.

I certainly "got" the question.... the Software is not available, the tech is getting on for 20 years old and as you say, has been unsupported for some time... last indicator was for a Win Vista update

You would need to trawl eBay etc in hope of finding, but that may be long, hard and fruitless

I offered a workaround, and a suggestion for an alternative in the absence of Easy Transfer

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger.

I have not heard back from you for a while and was wondering how you managed to get on
Anything more to add or ask ?

Cheers

Martyn