Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Janome horizon memory craft 7700 QCP and have been…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a Janome horizon memory craft 7700 QCP and have been happily quilting on it for several years. Suddenly it is not sewing forward, only in reverse! Please advise!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Make and model other than what I already said? It is maybe 5 years old, the red Memory Craft.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, yes. I have a binding and presents I'd like to sew before Christmas.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
I don't want a lawyer! I thought I could "speak" with a Janome technical representative through this website.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/8/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Does the reverse button seem to have the same respose as before.... to the feel... it is a micro switch and may have failed

Try the feel of the other buttons nearby and see if there is a marked difference in the resistance... it may be stuck (very likely)
Ther solution is a replacement of the "F" Board nd will need a Special Order from a Janome Dealer

Not too hard to install if you really wanted to do that

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

PS
Janome Electronics have a 5 year warrantee, so the age may be important here ?