Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

How do I remove the stitch plate, New Passport 3 And was…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove the stitch plate

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

New Passport 3 And was seeing fleece and machine jammed...I am trying to remove the stitch plate to clean the machine but the screw driver is so hard to remove the back screw!,suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I should be able to the manuals suggests to remove the stitch plate but how do you use the screw driver at the back of the machine???

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to how you can use with so little space for the screw driver to fit under the arm

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/6/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

OK, this is one that will require a little ingenuity
There is generally a small length screwdriver as part of the original accessories

If you have misplaced this, the angle is, as you say, very awkward

It is possible to use a standard flat screwdriver, if you hold the tip in the slot and work VERY gently... but if it is too firm, then we need to look at either a right angle (aka Offset) screwdriver (see an example HERE)

OR
You may have a sturdy old butter knife (or similar) that is not sharp... you may then have enough leverage to just break the tightness, and proceed with the longer screwdriver
As I am often repairing old and corroded machines, I have invested in the Bent screwdriver as it save a load of anguish when things are bound up really tight... you may not wish to go down this road of course for a one off use

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

It is nearly lunchtime on Weds here, so I am away for a while now to do some other duties for our shop
You may be nighttime Tues, so we shall reconvene when convenient
There is no time limit here, so just write back as & when and we shall get this done

Cheers

Martyn