Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

We have a Janome 8900QCP. It is about 3 1/2 years old.

Customer Question
We have a Janome...

We have a Janome 8900QCP. It is about 3 1/2 years old. Yesterday we noticed a burned and distorted area (I have a photo) along the top of the machine. Machine seems to work okay, but I'm wondering if there is a component inside the case that overheated.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

???

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this very moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/4/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

I am just checking the Parts and Service books to see what is under there... certainly a PCB in that area, but looks like the heat came from outside to depress in that direction... a lamp too close or some such ?
Back in a moment

There is really nothing under there that would cause any reaction like that... you can use the diagram below to remove the Top and have a look ... that looks to be a yellowed scorching to me, and would be from outside.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.