Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a 36 cup Farberware coffee urn. My daughter plugged…

Customer Question
I have a 36...

I have a 36 cup Farberware coffee urn. My daughter plugged it in without any water in it and we smelled it burning. It does not work even after putting cold water in it. Can it be fixed and is that cost effect or should I just trash it? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It just does not work.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. I want to get a referral for someone to fix it, if it is cost effective.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/4/2017
Small Appliance Technician: john, master tech replied 8 months ago
john
john, master tech

its not worth fixing likley the heating element shorted..its more cost effective to replace it