Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Have Singer Style-O-Matic Model 328K and it Jammed. Was

Customer Question
Have Singer Style-O-Matic Model...

Have Singer Style-O-Matic Model 328K and it Jammed. Was working OK but Jammed when I moved the piece I was sewing?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's over 50 years old but no trouble before?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. The hand wheel is locked and won't turn.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
12/3/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Remove the needleplate and the bobbin case and clear the jam of tangled thread... it is this that will be causing the Handwheel to lock up

New Needle, rethread and do a test sew... ought to be good to go

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

It's been over 24 hours, still waiting for reply?