Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Have an older Necchi sewing machine that the motor starts…

Customer Question
Have an older Necchi...

Have an older Necchi sewing machine that the motor starts running when the electrical cord is plugged in. I do not know how to stop the machine and get it back to running properly, Model 534FB. any assistance will be appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My older Necchi sewing machine, Model 534FB starts the motor running when the electrical cord in plugged into an outlet.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it is simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have not used the machine in quite a while and did move it into thi house about year ago. Do not know of any damage done to the machine during the move.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
If you don't know how to fix the problem, please refund my payment and forget my problem. I will see if a local repair person can solve the problem.
12/2/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

I am Martyn, here in Australia.

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe (I am in Australia), many have our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We advise and suggest, we do not have warehouse access to the companies, we generally do the repairs and callouts, this is just an online Help Desk really. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

I know precisely what is going on.... the initial filter is a "bot" and tries to filter and get basic background, then sends questions to a worldwide network of Tech Support, like me. We respond as and when we are awake, and able

UNPLUG the machine

Now..... remove the base of the Foot Control and send me a photo of the inside, so I can direct you to the errant component

You may see a nasty yellowed gooey looking electronic part, or it may have little damage... but please let me see an image B4 we proceed

You are looking for the Suppressor... it quashes RF interference in the electrics of your home, so running the sewing machine does not interupt the TV signal
It is not required for the safe operation of the machine

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

At the moment, the sewing machine is not running while plugged in I was unable to remove the base from the presser foot, so I fooled around with the machine a little more. It appears the motor wire was plugged into the "light" connection and since plugging it into the "motor" connection, the machine appears to operate correctly.
So, how about that? the 91 year old non-techie and non-repair person solved the problem.
Instruction given to be was :remove the base: which I could not do. After fooling around with it some more, I found that machine had stopped running. After some more inspection, I found that the motor wire was in the proper plug- in space and tried putting it in the light plug- in space. With the motor wire plugged into the light plug, the machine started running again. That was last night and at 10;30 THIS MORNING, THE MACHINE WAS STILL NOT RUNNING: HOWEVER' it does run when pressure is applied to the PRESSER FOOT .
i REPLIED LAST NIGHT (12--2-10270

I am in Australia... 19 hrs head of Pacific Time
Not sure how this is... seems good one moment not so good the next
Playing around with Lethal Current is risky
I vote you find someone who can look at it on the bench