Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My rumba is not holding a charge. It is model #561. it has…

Customer Question
My rumba is not...

My rumba is not holding a charge. It is model #561. it has not had a whole lot of use. do you think i need a battery or a charger?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the first

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, like what

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
11/30/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Joe, Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, Mechanic

Good morning,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

How old is the unit?

If you allow battery/unit to drain and put on charger does it at least give some battery life?

Using a voltmeter you would test the charger, on the charger is the listed input and output voltages, the first test you would want to check is output voltage, for instance dc voltage you would set your meter to dc voltage and then test using the two leads to the inside and then the outside band of the charger connection, while the charger is plugged in you should get the same voltage on the meter as the charger lists as the output voltage. If you do then the charger is generally good, if not then you would want to check the outlet being used and if the problem happens on all outlets then its usually a fuse or bad charger. If the charger output is correct and voltage gets to battery (testing internal battery leads) but battery does not last, then the battery would require replacement.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe
Joe, Mechanic