Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I replaced the brushes in my Kitchenaid Mixer (Model RRK90…

Customer Question
I replaced the brushes...

I replaced the brushes in my Kitchenaid Mixer (Model RRK90 or AAK90) and now it doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's quite old. I don't know exactly when we bought it. I found the model number and serial number on the bottom of the mixer but can't make out if it says RRK90 or AAK 90. I'm 78 years old and my vision is not what it once was.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband will probably do it. He's quite handy and knows a lot about electrical appliances.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The Mixer says "Ultra Power 300 Watts.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
12/1/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You likely got the brushes in upside down. You have to look in the holes to make sure you have them aligned with the stepped edge...watch this video to see.....CLICK HERE....

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link to hopefully select a 5 STAR rating before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. NOTE this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for free right here to me......Happy Holidays!