Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I would like t o g et a manual for my Touch & Sew Model 626.

Customer Question

I would like t o g et a manual for my Touch & Sew Model 626. Is that possible?
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Singer. At least 30 yrs old, maybe older
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The work?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have watched the YouTube for Singer machines a dozen times, but still no luck. My thread is not caught by the bobbin case. I have learned that this is a timing problem, but the adjustment screws pictured in the videos to not match my machine.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Please just click this LINK to access a copy of the Manual for your Touch & Sew Model 626

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Please do recheck that the needle is new and inserted with the flat to the rear (it is a very common issue, even with experienced sewists... I see it every week)

If you find you do need the Timing doing, please see details below for a description with images of the 620 series

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done everything he advised, but the problem has not been resolved at all.

Best have someone who knows what they are doing have a look at it

Have a lovely day

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You charged me $29 to download a manual that was free from Singer!
Please refund my money!