Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have had this machine for a few years and just lately

Customer Question
Hello. I have had...

Hello. I have had this machine for a few years and just lately having trouble with the bobbin..I have put the bobbin in and continued to go clockwise with threading it. When I am all set to bring the thread up and to start to sew, the upper thread gets caught on the little hook in the casing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Janome 4052 over 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Check the tip of the Hook (tat catches the Needle Thread) for a slight burr

This is not uncommon and can shred thread and cause other similar issues
You can use a fine emery board to gently polish the roughness

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.