Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Where can I purchase thermal cut off fuses for the waring…

Customer Question
Where can I purchase...

Where can I purchase thermal cut off fuses for the waring ww250 waffle irons , the ones that are blown are metal and look like blasting caps 1" x 1/4 " 2 20 gauge wiring connects them or anything else that will work @ 2400 watts they should be 20A but waring designed them at 15A and they have no tech support or customer service to bragg about . Can you help , burners heat up when connected to 120v , power lights come on and the relay kicks in

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

This has not worked for the customer for over one year so yeah its been unplugged , I have tested all wiring and the two circuits and its these fuses that keep this from heating up

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have 3 years at DeVry why shouldn't I . I can fix just about whatever I put my mind to , I just can't fix sporting events .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where I may purchase these which waring had no numbers or values or even schematics they would share

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 5 days by:
12/4/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Small Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Small Appliance Technician
  • Are there any numbers on the old ones that would help to identify them?
  • Can you post a picture of them, please?
There were no ID numbers and I cut on apart to see how it was made and both wires were connected by a piece of glass with a single severed wire .Don't know the ohms value but they are rated for 250c or 645F but they come off the control board at DC

Well, there are some meeting those ratings below.

CLICK HERE