Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I just tried to cream butter for cookies and the beater

Customer Question
I just tried...

I just tried to cream butter for cookies and the beater keeps dropping off. What is the problem. Can I fix it. Busy baking season coming up!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
11/24/2017
Small Appliance Technician: woody463, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
woody463
woody463, Home Appliance Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I'm having trouble finding it
Am I ever going to reach someone who will address this problem and not try to sell me something?
Just found the model and serial #. KSM150PSOB Serial # WY4754534

ok these beater just pop in and are held in place by a friction fitting .

Is this happening with both beaters or just the same one. each time.

It only has one beater

yes This model does have only one .

have you looked in side of the top of the beater and made sure there is no debris down inside the socket?

no debris

And when you put the beater on your pushing it on the shaft and turning it to lock it on the mixer shaft correct?

I've been using this for years. I want to know why this is happening now and whether I can fix it.

ok if you pushing the beater up on to the mixer shaft and then turning the beater to lock it on the mixer shaft ,

Does the mixer shaft have the spring and washer below the spring and does the washer and spring move up and down on the shaft if you press up on the washer below the spring?

Never mind. I'll order a new beater. ill see if that works.

That`s up to you!

Would you like the part number?