Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I just bought a Tiny Seger model TS380A. I have it threaded,

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Tiny Seger model TS380A. I have it threaded, but it is skipping stitches erratically. I would like to send pictures of the stitching. I think it may be a tension problem. How can I send pics of the stitches? Thank you, *****: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I bought the machine on ebay. It arrived Tuesday,and I have played with it yesterday and today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am pretty comfortable with sewing machines, so I hope I can handle this myself.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I repeat. It is a Tiny serger, model TS380A. Do not have date of manufacture.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I could attach pictures of the stitching, would that help? The tension is currently set at: left to right : 5.5, 5.5, and 5. Does that help?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
11/16/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Are yoou using new needles ?
Rethread and ensure the thread is fully engaged in the tension units

If this is all good, then it is likely to be a timing issue and not something I would advise an untrained user to attempt

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here