Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I was sewing and the memory craft 4000 just stopped working…

Customer Question
I was sewing and...

I was sewing and the memory craft 4000 just stopped working no power

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Janome memory craft 4000 approx. 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible and a simple fix. I kept the machine off for now about 45 min and still no power

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was sewing a serge stitch on fleece fabric I cleaned out the bobbin holder and took off the feeddog plate and opened the thread guide door to see if it was threaded properly.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Can you please try the machine in a different power outlet in a different part of the house to see whether the circuit breaker may have tripped... also check fuse box

Let me know what you find... very unusual for MC4000 to just stop like that

It is side-by-side with my other machine which is functioning fine there are no power outages in the house. I did as you requested and took it to another part of the house and still no power

OK, just let me have a look through the service manual for a minute

There is a fuse in this model... how do you feel about opening it up ?

Do you have and can you use a multimeter ?
There are 2 Fuses on circuit board "C"

I have a MC12000 in the workshop that I must get back to, I am only here off and on to answer Q&A in my "down" time

Below are the two pages to allow access and identify the fuses

If you have a multimeter, check the integrity of the fuses and replace as necessary

I will be back here later for any more discussion you may need

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe (I am in Australia), many have our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

I have no problem trying to open up

OK, then how about the mutimeter testing ?
The given pages are from the Service Manual and show removal of rear panel and C Board... did you take a look ?

I'm sorry I don't know but my husband does probably. Will cost me more to contact tomorrow? My husband could probably be able to understand all of this

No problem.... it is 11am Tues here, and I know you are probably evening Monday
The Q&A stays open until resolved, so just reply as & when

I am going to the workshop, so will be away now for an hour or so
Let's leave it there for the moment and we'll catch up when you have some time to check what I have sent through
Bye for now

Ok thank you we will get in touch then. Please tell me where you are located

300km south of Sydney

ok thank you

Anything to add ?