Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I took my machine out of the soft case and the pre-tension…

Customer Question
I took my machine...

I took my machine out of the soft case and the pre-tension stud for bobbin winding was loose in the case. I don't remember that it was like that before. How do I fasten it back in? This is for an Aurora 440 QE.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today. I moved the machine from one house to another in it's case. I was just setting it up.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
11/14/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Is it completely loose, or is it a little loose ?

There is a retaining nut on the underside of the top... if it is entirely undone, this is a problem, as the nut will have fallen inside, and there is a chance it may get caught up in the mechanism or electronics... these are not easily undone by home users as they require special Torx drivers

What more can you tell me
I am in Australia, so you may be asleep when I am awake here... we're 19 hrs ahead of CA