Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Singer sewing machine HD110c. how to adjust backlash on this…

Customer Question
Singer sewing machine HD110c...

Singer sewing machine HD110c. how to adjust backlash on this machine

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Singer HD110c about 30 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The timing is belt driven if that helps

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
11/10/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

I cannot send you a model specific diagram, however, please see the attached as a guide to the principles of adjusting backlash... it wants to be that "goldilocks" point of movement... too tight and it will wear and grind, too loose and it will slip and jam

It is a matter of "feel" and there is now way to adequately describe it in text
Best to adjust too tight and then back it off just a little until there is perhaps 2mm of movement

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

no this is not correct. what you sent is for a Kenmore, I have a Singer HD110C machine. It is belt driven on the bottom. I think the backlash has to be adjusted from the needle position but not sure.

As I stated... it is conceptual ... the principle is the same

Best Wishes

Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd