Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Kitchen aid beater won't turn. I adjusted the screw, as…

My Kitchen aid beater...

My Kitchen aid beater won't turn. I adjusted the screw, as suggested in the manual. It turns fine without out any ingredients. I added 1 cup butter and 2 cups brown sugar---it won't move. The motor protests.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's brand new--Label says Professional HD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've only used it successfully once.

10/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech

One moment while I get some information for you!

This is a handheld? Or a stand mixer?

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Stand. With the bowl that cranks up and down, not the head that tilts.
Phone call session started

So the motor sounds like it is trying but can not spin correct?

The beater is aligned perfectly when the bowl is empty, but it stalls when I add ingredients.

This sounds like a bad motor how old is the unit?

Brand new!
It was around Valetine's Day, 2017. We got it at Sam's Club.
Perhaps I should call Kitchen Aid directly and ask for a replacement mixer.

Yes it is totally under warranty, just call for warranty and they will replace it for FREE

Countertop Appliances, Kitchenware & Kitchen Tools

PHONE

1(###) ###-####/strong>

Ok. Will do. Thanks for your help.