Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a problem with my consew premier p1206rb. Can you…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my consew premier p1206rb. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just recently. The upper thread jammed into the bobbin area. I couldn't get it loose. I pulled out the bobbin and got the thread loose. When i went to sew, the needle broke, when I removed that, now it has a strange clunking sound and won't sew

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Consew p1206rb. It's new. I bought it in Feb this year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband! If I could find a local technician, I would have them do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No idea

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
10/17/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that. The machine may be in a bad state and need a trip to a Consew warranty service center, perhaps.

But first: when the needle broke, are you sure it did not leave a fragment within the machine? if it did, perhaps, then one such fragment could be sticking in the works, and producing the strange sound and the malfunctional status it is now in. So I advise you to open the bobbin area and do a thorough inspection there, for any (even small) metal fragments from the needle.