Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Janome 12000 makes a noisy clicking sound when sewing. I…

Customer Question
My Janome 12000 makes...

My Janome 12000 makes a noisy clicking sound when sewing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I bought the machine in April 2017. It is a Horizon Memory Craft 12000. It makes the clicking sound most of the time. It has also been very quite but not for very long.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can try if I know what to do to it to make it quiter

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have changed the needle, retreaded it, reset tensions, changed stitch length, cleaned out around bobbin case, I have done everything I know to make it quite with no results, I can't figure out why it seldom is quite.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
10/3/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds as if it might well be a part out of place, or a misalignment.

Without looking over it myself, or more info as to the clicking (when it happens, in what functions or at what speeds, and where it seems to be coming from if the noise can be located) I cannot say anything more specific.

However, be sure you are not using a needle that is bent, that the bobbin and bobbin case are seated completely and correctly, and also, that the needle is well-clamped and firm in its place. (This is owing to needle and bobbin and bobbin case possibly causing such noise, if out of place, bent, or out of alignment.)

I think that it is a problem for warranty repair, most likely, though. Please tell me your locale by zip code.

I have owned another Janome machine for several years and do not have any problems changing out the bobbin and bobbin cases. I bought new bobbins thinking that maybe my old ones was causing the problem. I have bought new and changed the needle several times.The noise has been doing this since I purchased it on ebay in April of 2017. There are short periods that it does not make this noise.
Can I contact you tomorrow so I will have more time to talk on the phone?

Was it bought new, or used? yes, you may contact me, or even answer this, tomorrow.