Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My Dyson wont turn on....could the battery be dead? Just for…

Customer Question
My Dyson wont turn...

My Dyson wont turn on....could the battery be dead?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just for a few days.....have had it plugged in to charge but no power

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes. ***** *****ged the outlet location

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, does one ever need a new battery pack?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
10/3/2017
Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 10 months ago
dtabb14

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Small Appliance Technician: dtabb14,
 replied 10 months ago

Yes its more then likely the battery thats stopping it from working. Now it could be either the battery itself not charging up or its possibley the charger itself not giving the battery a charge.

Now this hard to know which is at fault as you cannot really test them. So as batterys are quite expensive you can try and replace the charger first as i find these do fail as well on these.

So try that and see how it goes as for it not to start its more then likely the battery is either faulty is isnt charging up due to a faulty charger.