Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

WHY IS MY UPPER LOOPER GETTING CAUGHT ON MY LOWER LOOPER ON

Customer Question
MY 1634d serger?...
WHY IS MY UPPER LOOPER GETTING CAUGHT ON MY LOWER LOOPER ON MY 1634d serger?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Appliance
10/4/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Are you saying there is a "collision" between Top and Bottom Loopers ??

BEWARE... if they collide at speed one or both may break and THAT is expensive

Did you actually have a jam recently... this will likely offset the looper position.... it is in the order of .5mm that will be enough to offset it, and if you removed it, then this will be tricky

Do not move the handwheel or you may set it all beyond easy restore

What more can you tell me ?

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

kingcobra80
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician