Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I had my Janome MC11000 upgraded to 3.10 but it does not say…

Customer Question
I had my Janome...

I had my Janome MC11000 upgraded to 3.10 but it does not say special edition. I want to use the accuquilt feature and I do not know if it has it. It was installed and how do I get it to my computer?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just got it back. I had a 3.0 version and it said se but I reinstalled it and made a mess and could not even use the machine. It now has been installed to 3.10 within the last couple of days.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How can I get my computer and sewing machine to work together so I can start using the acufil quilt feature.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Janome MC11000 upgraded to 3.10 and I bought it from an individual so I do not know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/28/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I need to ask some questions about the situation, please, to help you properly:

- Is the upgrade to 3.10, an upgrade to your machine, or to the software on your computer?

- What software title is it, if it is a software upgrade on your computer?

- Is your computer a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

- Is the machine recognized basically by the computer, when it is connected to it with a cable?

The upgrade 3.10 is to my sewing machine. I have a 3.0 upgrade to my computer. I do not know if these are compatible. I also do not know how to get the machine to work with the computer so I have not been able to use the acufil. The machine shows it is a Janome MC11000 upgraded to 3.10 and says special edition. I did not think it did but it does show on my Janome. Do not know what the software title is, it was installed by a Janome dealer. My computer is HP and windows 10.. No the machine does not recognize the computer.
No, I am getting ready to leave, if you could just send me step by step so I can try it tomorrow.

I think the problem is the connection of the machine to the computer.

Try a different USB port on the computer, waiting a few minutes after doing so, before trying the software / starting the program installed by the Janome dealer on the machine.

Or, if the USB cable is old, it might be defective. Try a new USB cable in that event.

the usb cable is new and it is a Janome but will try again. Do I connect the cable to my machine and then turn it on? How do I get a jef file for my programs on my machine?
I want to thank you for your help and I will try the above tomorrow. If I have any other questions, do I as for you Russell H.?

You may ask for me by name as Russell H... you may mark me as a Favorite Expert if you wish to ask me further questions... As for this particular issue, just come back to it at

http://www.justanswer.com/small-appliance/apfer-janome-mc11000-upgraded-3-10-does-not-say.html

and continue with the question - or just let me know about it.

As for transfer of JEF embroidery design files to your Janome machine... once the USB connection to your computer is done and is working, then loading it into your Janome program should give you the ability to load the JEF file or the design to your machine.

Is all the information I need already loaded on my Janome since it is 3.10 or do I need
something else on my computer to make my Janome work? I do have a 3.0 upgrade disk
but when I got my Janome back from the shop it was 3.10. Will this vers. work with the 3.0
upgrade disk as it has MC11KTools & Upgrade.

The 3.0 upgrade disk is an Upgrade disc... it won't work with anything but a lesser version, a version <3.0. So it will upgrade your machine's software on the computer if your machine's software on the computer is <3.0 in version.

kingcobra80
kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician