Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a model hobby 1016 machine + the needle sticks down…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model hobby 1016 machine + the needle sticks down in machine when I a am sewing and I can not turn the wheel to lift needle up!! What can I do to fix??!!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Pfaff model hobby 1o16 sse

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/28/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Is it due to a tangle ?
Easy way is to release the needle from the clamp to isolate the needleplate area

If you have fabric jammed, it is a slow and gentle cutting of threads to access the tangle

Remove needleplate, clean up the mess and you should be good to go

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.