Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

MY RECARR UPRIGHT SUCKET SOME THING HARD AND IS JAMMED .HOW…

Customer Question
MY RECARR UPRIGHT SUCKET...

MY RECARR UPRIGHT SUCKET SOME THING HARD AND IS JAMMED .HOW DO I DISASSEMBLY IT/

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model is IS S/N RSL4 SN(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A FEW DAYS AGO. SUCKED UP SOMETHING HARD FROM UNDER THE BED.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

NO. IT HUMS.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/27/2017
Small Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Here is a link to the owners manual for reference and step by step guide for removing the bottom plate, roller assembly, and other parts so you can see if something is jammed in the motor or if some other problem. If it is not something easy to remove Riccar recommends taking the vacuum to an authorized repair center for assistance.

http://media.riccar.com/manuals/SupraLite%20RSL%20Manual.pdf

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?

Make sure to unplug the vacuum if you are going to work on it for safety reasons, once you have removed the item plug it in to ensure it runs before reassembling the parts. This will save time if you didn't get everything. Also suggest removing the dirt bag (over a trash can as it can be very messy) and see if the item is easier to remove that way, or if it be coaxed out the way it came in.