Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a singer sewing machine that is suppose to be able to…

Customer Question
I have a singer...

I have a singer sewing machine that is suppose to be able to quilt. When I TRY TO THE THREAD BRAKES OR DOES NOT CATCH THE BOTTOM THREAD. IT ALSO BUNCHES UP ONE THE BOTTOM AT TIMES. I HAVE GONE BACKE TO THE BOOK AND FOLLOWED EVERYTHING IT SAID TO DO. CAN YOU HELP ME THERE ARE NO REPAIR STORES OR STORES THAT SELL THIS AROUND ME I BUY ON LINE. ALSO THERE IS A CLICKING SOUND LIKE THE NEEDLE IS RUBBING AGAINST SOMETHING.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

IT IS A SINGER A QUATUM 9960 ABOUT 5 OR 6 MONTHS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NOT SURE MY SON IS A COMPUTOR REPAIR PERSON AND HAS DONE SMALL ENGINE REPAIRS

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I RIGHT NOW I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/26/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That might mean that the machine needs re-timing. Perhaps... but, when was the last time it worked poperly?

Also - when the thread bunches up on the underside of the work, it can mean a tension setting adjustment is needed. Have you tried that?