Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My roomba 880 only runs for about 15 mins after an overnight…

Customer Question
My roomba 880...

My roomba 880 only runs for about 15 mins after an overnight charge. I think it needs a

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Maybe a few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/25/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It probably needs its rechargeable battery replaced. They do go bad with time. How old is your Roomba, please? (in order to make sure it is likely to be the battery, let me know in Reply, and I will help you further.)

The rechargeable battery for your Roomba 800 series vacuum is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPV2NZ8/ref=asc_df_B00LPV2NZ85188233/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00LPV2NZ8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167140452627&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14440732213232180696&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008154&hvtargid=pla-312442927092

for about $42, and

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/irobot-xlife-extended-life-battery-for-select-irobot-robotic-vacuums-blue/3619113.p?skuId=3619113&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=feb2ecbf-78d2-47cd-b7e1-9510ac50707b&ksprof_id=13&ksaffcode=pg235702&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

for about $43. Cheaper batteries that look much the same are not officially rated for the series 800, be warned.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)