Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

How do you time thread cutter? About a week,I timed the

Customer Question
How do you time...

How do you time thread cutter?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week,I timed the pickup w/needle & hook, now my cutter is', working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/25/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me, what maker name (Singer, Janome, etc.) and what model, of machine are you working on?

I get the picture that you are doing adjustments on the timing yourself - always a somewhat exacting task to get done right. How is the cutter now not working? partially activating, apparently completely jammed and inoperative, or perhaps obviously working by the sound but not actually cutting the thread in effect?