Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My 780 Bernina refuses to recognize that needle is threaded.

Customer Question
My 780 Bernina refuses...

My 780 Bernina refuses to recognize that needle is threaded

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two days. it will sew for few seconds then stops and say needle not threaded when in fact it is threaded

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Te

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The machine is a 770qe approximately a year old. The computer screen says thread is empty, but it has thread and have rethreaded several times,unpluged the machine to allow for reboot. None of this helps. I would like to fix myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not tht I know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I recommend that you first try cleaning, with a brush, quite thoroughly around the needle, and also in the recess immediately below the plate the needle descends into. The sensor may be there, and might be dirty with dander/fluff/lint/etc.

Let me know how that goes, and whether it helps... if it does not, I will advise you further.

Cleaning is not the issue. This is just a standard answer for all problems and is something I would do before submitting a question. I will explore other options to solve this problem. Thanks
This answer is not satisfactory

I am sorry to hear that - it was the first thing that needed me to advise it, indeed, because it is a standard answer. However, I offer further help after initial suggestions.

You have however, said you will look into other options. Assuming that another Expert might be more satisfactory, I have Opted Out - opening the case to other Experts here.