Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Janome SE 11000 Memory Craft and I am having

Customer Question
I have a Janome...

I have a Janome SE 11000 Memory Craft and I am having trouble with noise in the bobbin area. First I was getting eyelash type stitches on back of quilt, and I tried changing so many tensions, thread, etc, then decided to clean that area. I put it back together like I usually do, but now when I sew it makes a loud clicking sound, and it looks like the bobbin is jumping up and down.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Janome Memorry Craft 11000 SE and I bought it last March.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I am in the middle of getting my quilt finished, when all of this happened/

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is about it for my problem. It didn't have that loud sound that it has now, so I don't know what to check.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/25/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you Have you tried changing the needle yet?

No

typically when something like this is happening it turns out to be something as simple as the needle needing to be changed. Can you try that for me first.

I changed the needle and tried sewing again, and it is still making that chattering sound.

now does the fabric move through the machine?

The fabric moves through the machine just fine.

try moving the bobbin around and seeing if maybe its just not catching correctly.

I have tried that repeatedly.
I also have tried it with many different bobbins, and they all do the same thing.

ok I am out of ideas the only thing I can assume is something was not put back in correctly to cause this to happen. Or something has broken. I will see if someone else may have another idea.

I am going to have to cancel these questions. It is late and I need to go to bed. I will try again tomorrow. Please cancel this order.
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Most common reason for a rattling Bobbin Holder is due to needle strikes

Remove the Bobbin case and look closely at the top rear, near the "bull horns" and feel for any area that is not perfectly smooth

On the underside, the indented perimeter is where the Hook spins... this too will cause the problem

If you have a spare Bobbin Holder, try that to see if there is any change

If you feel rough areas on the old one, a fine emery board may be used as a quick fix, however, a replacement Bobbin Holder is recommended in the near term

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

I asked to close this file yesterday, because the person I was talking to said they ran out of ideas. I told him to just forget it, because it was late, and I was going to bed. Told him to please cancel my order. I checked my Discover card today and you charged me anyway for something that didn't get fixed. I am going to contact Discover to cancel payment. I did not get a fix so I did not authorize it. I thought we had to be 100% satisfied.

OK, then just use the info I sent and if it helps well, you have done well

I shall arrange Admin to look at a refund for you

The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A