Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Singer 4423 presser foot moves as soon as th power is turned…

Customer Question
Singer 4423 presser foot...

Singer 4423 presser foot moves as soon as th power is turned on without using the foot speed control

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I didnt use the machine for sometime

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/21/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does it do this spurious activation, when the foot control switch is unplugged completely before the Singer machine is switched to On?

If so, you might have something like a stuck button... but try it that way first, to be sure of what is going on.