Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Jetforce mc-cl935 vacuum. it's functional but

Customer Question
HI Pearl, I have...

HI Pearl, I have a Jetforce mc-cl935 vacuum. it's functional but suction power seems to have slipped a bit. I regularly empty the chamber, and just cleaned the filter with water and am letting it dry for 24 hrs. I also opened the power nozzle to make sure the belt and agitator looked okay. both seem fine, I removed some hair and dust build up but there wasn't anything too serious. any other ideas to help improve functionality?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it? How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I think it's about 4 or 5 years old. performance seems to have slipped in the past year or so. everything else was answered in my first comment

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that should do it. just looking for anything else I've missed to improve the suction/performance

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/19/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The fact of eventually getting slightly clogged, is a usual nuisance factor in any automated cleaner or vacuum cleaner. When it seems to have happened, the measures you have taken (examining the power nozzle, cleaning the filter thoroughly) can help a bit. Perhaps they will prove to be what it needed, once you have reassembled it after the filter dries. But also:

- Have you looked throughout the hose system? clogging can happen anywhere, really, along the train of places where the dust passes as it is taken into the vacuum and eventually put in the bin or bag and disposed of.

But try it with a thoroughly washed filter. Fine dust buildup may not look like much, but when it has built up a while, a 'foggy' or dried-paste look to a filter, may mean a lot more air passage blocking than you would think.

Let me know your thoughts, whether you need further instructions, and I will help and instruct you further.