Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Is there a cost for this service? What is the remainder? I'm…

Customer Question
Is there a cost...

Is there a cost for this service?

Contractor's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Appliance Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the remainder? I'm waiting for my payday

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 days. My Juki TL98e is shredding thread, tension will change from 1 Row to next.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Am trying. Have changed needles about 6 times, changed thread. Oil it every time I used it. Have thoroughly cleaned it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It will sew fine for 1 pass, tension will be fine. Then will either shred/break or tension goes wonky again

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Probably about 15 years old, haven't used for about 7 years. It's a Juki TL98e

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/19/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Given that the machine you have, the Juki, is shredding thread and tension is changing... it doesn't sound too favorable. Especially if you're waiting for a payday.

But, there might be some hope. We will have to work on it a bit. Please start by telling me, when you say the thread tension changes from 1 row to the next, can you tell by seeing it on the dial, the dial changing? or does it obviously change from observing the thread and stitch qualities in the rows of stitching?

It obviously changes it stitch quality
I have already been charged $29. I can't afford $24 more

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

How does the stitch quality change? please describe it just a bit.