Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a crescendo machine. I opened and cleaned the bobbin

Customer Question

I have a crescendo machine. I opened and cleaned the bobbin area as I have done thousands of times before. Now when I try to use a stitch other than a straight stitch, it says, "turn off the power and replace the needle plate". The width and L/R shift buttons don't work either. Help!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It has been fine. As I said it happened after I removed the needle plate and cleaned the lint out of the bobbin area.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping it is as imply fix. I live 70 miles from the closest Babylock dealer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, I have numerous problems with this machine right from the get-go. I've had a lot of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

This message is displayed when you try to sew with a stitch other than a middle needle position stitch while the single-hole needle plate is installed.

This message is also displayed when the needle plate is removed with the machine on or when the machine is turned on and “Embroidery” or “Embroidery Edit” mode is selected.

Check both and let me know if you get it resolved?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------