Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Small Appliance

I have a pretty old singer sewing machine that i keep for

Customer Question
little repairs. The bobbin is...
I have a pretty old singer sewing machine that i keep for little repairs. The bobbin is all bunched up when sewing. It is probably the tension. do you have somewhere to bring it? or do you come out to look at small appliances?
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its probably 30 years old. model #(###) ###-####serial number###-##-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: meaning the repair of the machine? if it is something simple, sure. If not, then no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm sure it needs a tune up. Do you have local repairmen who come out? Or a store to bring it to?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
9/16/2017
Small Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Small Appliance Technician

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am Martyn, here in Australia. The "Expert" community at Just Answer are not on JA Staff, we are Technicians and Professionals from across the globe, many with our own businesses to run, as well as spending time to help with Q&A on JA in our "spare" time. We appreciate and rely on your honest positive ratings.

Admin will address any broader concerns and questions about billing and site use, we are just here to assist with the Tech side and the specific Q&A

Probably an issue with thread or lint in the top tension dials

Floss between tension discs with clean strip of fabric to remove any buildup (Flossing like you do your teeth)

If you have a post/zipcode I can make some suggestions for local assistance if needed

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

I would like a recommendation of a local place.
Zip code is 20852.
Thank you

Brothers Sew & Vac - Rockville

1067 Rockville Pike

+1(###) ###-####/p>

also a little further

Sewing machine repair
427 E Diamond Ave
+1(###) ###-####/p>

Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd