kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

I have Jjuki DDL-8700 commercial sewing machine. The thread

Customer Question

I have Jjuki DDL-8700 commercial sewing machine. The thread seems to keep breaking as it comes through the tension area. It will sew for awhile and then it will break. Can you tell me what I can to do fix this problem?
JA: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Juki DDL-8700. It is virtually new. It has about 5 hours of sewing time on it. If you pull the thread through the needle sometimes it will pull hard and then all of a sudden it will pull easy. Same thing when I am sewing.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know. It depends on how complicated it is. I don't mind having a professional do it but I need it back in service tomorrow if at all possible as I have orders to fill.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is all new to me so I can only tell you what it is or is not doing. I worked fine at first but now for some reason it is doing what I described.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try lowering the tension of the upper thread by two points. See if that cures the problem, just by itself, and induces no new problems.

Let me know how that goes, please.