Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.
13568747

My embroidery module on my 440 has started stopping every 26

My embroidery module on my 440 has started stopping every 26 stitches. It appears that it thinks the bobbin thread is broken but it is not. This happened before and someone told me how to fix it, but now I don't remember the fix.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It just started yesterday.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would advise you first, to open the bobbin compartment, take out the bobbin and bobbin case, and using a small brush (clean, of course, and dry) brush off and clean off the bobbin and the bobbin case, interior and exterior. Also clean, by brushing out, the space the bobbin case fits into inside the machine - with the machine OFF, first, of course, for safety.

Then reassemble the machine, try again... if there was considerable or noticeable fuzz and lint and/or thread bits in the workings you just cleaned out, this might help.

If it doesn't help, let me know (though I also like to know that I helped with a problem.) And I will help further as needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Russell, it seems that although I thought I had cleaned the machine well, cleaning it again did the trick. I really appreciate your help.

I'm glad to hear that my first instructions to you had such good results. If you would, please rate my work and my answer, using the five-star interface on the JustAnswer page... or, Reply and let me know your intended rating, if that's hard to do for any reason. Thank you, ***** ***** a good evening.